Begin forwarded message:

From: "McEwan, Hilary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 8 January 2010 11:35:39 GMT
To: 'Jo Littler'
Subject: FW: London Debates

I just wanted to let you know about a major conference on 13-15 May which the ICwS is helping to organise on the theme  ‘How does Europe in the 21st Century address the legacy of colonialism?’

Details of the call for papers can be found below:

As you will see, the call is aimed principally at early-career researchers, but we are also keen to involve more senior academics as commentators and chairs of panels.

I would be extremely grateful if you could circulate the details to anyone you think might be interested.

Best wishes

Philip

Professor Philip Murphy
Director
Institute of Commonwealth Studies
School of Advanced Study
University of London
2nd floor, South block
Senate House
Malet Street
London
WC1E 7HU
tel. 020 7862 8841

Hilary McEwan
Archivist and Records Management Officer
Communications & Public Affairs Division

Commonwealth Secretariat
Marlborough House
Pall Mall
London SW1Y 5HX
United Kingdom
Tel:  +44 (0) 20 7747 6167
Fax: Direct +44 (0) 20 7004 3757  General:

Did You Know?

The Commonwealth assists countries with international trade, debt, finance, and economic and legal advice.

This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended for the addressee only, and may contain confidential information. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained within it is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the author and delete this e-mail immediately in its entirety. This e-mail message has been swept by a virus checker for the presence of known computer viruses.

This statement does not constitute an acceptance of liability on the part of Commonwealth Secretariat or its employees in the event of technical or virus issues generated by this e-mail. It is the responsibility of the recipient to take adequate security measures.

Dr Jo Littler
Senior Lecturer, Media and Cultural Studies
Middlesex University
Trent Park Campus
Bramley Road
London
N14 4YZ

* Newish book: Radical Consumption: Shopping for change in contemporary culture (Open University Press, 2009) *