Dear MCG-ers

Culture24 launched a set of data feeds a couple of days ago - we're beginning
with a quiet pilot phase, offering 3 levels of access in 3 formats to begin
with... you may have seen the tweets already.

Formats available now are: RSS, OAI-PMH and SOAP.

Record types are:  venue info, event and exhibition listings and resource
listings

Access levels are:

a) Open - the 'top layer' of all content types - so summaries with link backs to
Culture24 records - no registration

b) Redacted - all data on all content types for techies to play with - after a
few characters records become unintelligible. Will enable developers to assess
the data stucture and work out if/what you'd like to access in full - no
registration

c) Full - all records in their entirety. Ready to go now technically, but access
upon agreement with Culture24 of appropriate licence and, if applicable,
administration/provision charges. We'll be taking the issuing of licenses slowly
and seriously as ideas for partnerships, projects and world-changing apps roll
in :)

Full info is on the Culture24 site at:

www.culture24.org.uk/datasharing

I'd appreciate any feedback and/or ideas.

REST lovers, we know you're out there and will have news on that v soon.

All the best,

Anra

Anra Kennedy
Head of Programmes