From: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amber Comerford [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 January 2010 16:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tern Digital - BBC website- The Art of Maps- call for experts

Hello,
My name is Amber Comerford and I am an Assistant Producer working for Tern Digital.  Tern Digital is based in Glasgow and produces digital and multiplatform content for a wide variety of clients.  We are currently working with Tern TV to develop a website that will accompany their new BBC4 TV series The Art of Maps.  A key section of this website is going to feature 5 historical maps, looking into the history and information the map provides as well as looking at the use of art in the map.
We are hoping to get in touch with some cartography and/or art history experts who would be interested in assisting us with these documents.  The maps we are featuring are:
The Psalter Map, 1260
Desceliers’ world map, 1550

Either the London, Jerusalem, or Constantinople plate by Braun and Hogenberg, taken from the Civitates Orbis Terrarum, 1572

Hemisphaerii Borealis Coeli et Terrae Sphaerica Scenographia (Plate 25), taken from the Harmonia Macrocosmica, Andreas Cellarius. 1660

The Serio –Comic War Map from 1877, F.W. Rose

We are currently constructing documents for the website and would really value the input of  experts to make sure our research is correct and point us in the direction of additional facts and theories relating to the map that we could include.

Any advice or help with who to speak to would be gratefully received.

Thanks very much for your time.

With best wishes,

Amber

--