An American's reaction to above subject fwd'd herewith.

FH

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Virginia R. Hetrick, Ph.D.
Sent: 22 January 2010 20:31
To: Discussion group for map history
Subject: Re: [MapHist] FW: London Underground Tube Map transposes in
Milky Waymap

Hi, Marzio,

The London Tube style is also referenced in a new book that could
possibly be used as a textbook but is certainly in my library for
keeps.  It illustrates the connections between cellular processes,
oncogenes, and tumor suppressor genes.  It is Figure 2-38 in The Right
Graph:  A Manual for Technical and Scientific Authors by Kirkham and
Dumas (a former student she mentioned proudly).  It is from Wiley and
the ISBN is 978-0-4704/547-5  It has been recently available at several
large universities' oncampus bookstores, so you may be able to find it
in such a place.

The original source is:

Hahn and Weinburg "Nature Reviews Cancer" 2:5, May 2002.

and, is available online at:

http://www.nature.com/nrc/poster/subpathways/index.html

Enjoy.

Virginia R. Hetrick; Email:  [log in to unmask]