From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Hayes
Sent: 18 January 2010 11:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LIS-E-RESOURCES] Ejournal cataloguing

Hi,
we have all our e-journals available on SwetsWise  and recommend our users to search through SwetsWise for our journals rather than our library catalogue. This is because not all of the subscriptions are available on our library catalogue due to the fact that some of the providers,  cannot provide us with marc 21 records .

Some time ago our bibliographic librarian and myself took on the mammoth task of creating hundreds of records manually
for our library catalogue, for certain large journal packages.
It was soooo time consuming that we decided we would not to do this again and it was decided to use SwetsWise for our A-Z list of subscriptions.

Unfortunately we do not have the benefit of a federated search engine which would improve the situation but we are considering this for the near future.

Kind regards

Christine Hayes

Electronic Journals Administrator/Licence Co-Ordinator
University of Greenwich
Dreadnought Library D023
30 Park Row
Greenwich