I’d like to remind HER Forum members about the session the IfA’s Information Management Special Interest Group (IMSIG) is planning for the IfA Conference this year. We are organising something a bit different a BarCamp rather than a formal session where those present will demonstrate what they are working on and discuss. We would welcome some HER involvement. If you’re interested please sign up by editing our wiki page explaining what you’d like to bring or discuss. On the day we’ll then be able to divide attendees up into small groups interested in and that area hopefully HERs will be one of these. The session will though be fluid and delegates will be able to drop in and out of a group or the session as a whole as they like. This is about participation rather than listening to presentations and you can start participating now!

Step1

Visit the wiki at http://ifa-information-management-sig.wikispaces.com/IMSIG+Barcamp and take a look at what’s there

Step 2

Edit the wiki saying what you’re going to bring to the session (no need to join or sign in).

Step 3

Go to the participants page (link on the left) and sign up to attend.

It’s that simple!

The session should grow organically from now until the conference, hopefully this will be very different to normal IfA Conference session and something we’ll all get a lot out of.

This really is open to all from professional software developers through to university projects, so please spread the word.

Regards

Martin

Martin C Newman BSc, MIfA

Datasets Development Manager

National Monuments Record

English Heritage

Kemble Drive

Swindon

SN2 2GZ

01793 414718

Concerned about how climate change may affect older properties? What about saving energy?
Visit our new website www.climatechangeandyourhome.org.uk today.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.