From:
Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Boldrini
Sent: 14 January 2010 16:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Narrower Terms: Context

Hi Susan

is it possible to search the RCAHMS thesaurus online? IF so could you post a link?

I had a quick look at the website but couldn't find it easily

thanks

best wishes

Nick Boldrini
Historic Environment Record Officer
Countryside Service
Economic and Rural Services
Business and Environmental Services
North Yorkshire County Council

County Hall
Northallerton
DL7 8AH
Direct Dial (01609) 532331

Nick Boldrini covers archaeological development control work for Selby District ONLY.

For all other districts archaeological development control, contact

Lucie Hawkins Direct Dial: 01609 532316 [log in to unmask]

Conserving North Yorkshire's heritage - encouraging sustainable access
www.northyorks.gov.uk/her

>>> Susan Casey <[log in to unmask]> 14/01/2010 13:46 >>>
To add to Phil's earlier emails, the RCAHMS thesaurus is also designed to incorporate candidate terms and is intended to grow over time following input from users.  This URL allows the submission of terms (please note that inserting a scope note is mandatory to ensure correct use of the term in future - and giving examples is also very useful).

http://lmid1a.rcahms.gov.uk/rcahms/apps/f?p=210:6:8151729012603182::NO:3::

We welcome the submission of regionally-specific terms - and have incorporated submissions from across Scotland into the thesaurus - and hope to discuss the use of the RCAHMS thesaurus for Scottish users of HBSMR at the next meeting of the Scottish SMR Forum Technical Working Group.

Returning to an earlier issue, a search on the RCAHMS thesaurus will show how Cairn - and other terms - have been dealt with in Scotland.

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions off-list.

Cheers,
Susan
Data Upgrade Liaision Officer

Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS)
John Sinclair House, 16 Bernard Terrace, Edinburgh EH8 9NX
Telephone: +44 (0)131 662 1456 | Fax: +44 (0)131 662 1477
Email: [log in to unmask] | Website: http://www.rcahms.gov.uk

RCAHMS, one of Scotland's national collections, holds a rich source of information, drawings and photographs on the archaeology, buildings and maritime heritage of Scotland.
Visit our public search room, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm
Search our databases to find out what we hold: http://www.rcahms.gov.uk/search.html

To subscribe to our Newsletter please send an email to [log in to unmask]
Scottish Charity SC026749
AEROFILMS COLLECTION: We are developing a project with English Heritage and RCAHMW to make the Aerofilms Collection of aerial photography accessible by conserving it, cataloguing it and putting the images online. If you would you like to be kept up-to-date with this project, please send an email to [log in to unmask] asking to join the mailing list and we will occasionally send you news and information by email. Your email address given in this way won't be used for any other purpose.
This email (and any files transmitted with it) is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify [log in to unmask]
WARNING : Although RCAHMS has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, RCAHMS cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.northyorks.gov.uk.

WARNING

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the above address and then destroy all copies.

North Yorkshire County Councils computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

If you receive an automatic response stating that the recipient is away from the office and you wish to request information under either the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act or the Environmental Information Regulations please forward your request by e-mail to the Data Management Team ([log in to unmask]) who will process your request.

North Yorkshire County Council.

Concerned about how climate change may affect older properties? What about saving energy?
Visit our new website www.climatechangeandyourhome.org.uk today.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.