From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records on behalf of BAJRWebsite.ORG
Sent: Fri 1/29/2010 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ARCHI Website

Have known about this site for years...    often used by detectorists to
locate sites..   I remember about 10 years back...

started as Popular Archaeology...   and  Archaeological Resource Collection
(ARC)     no guessing what it was trying to look like
http://web.archive.org/web/20010301092153/http://www.digital-documents.co.uk/

Then in 2004  it changed to the format you see today...
basically is harvests info and sells it back to people...   :)

Not a lot of the other bits work...  and it is more concentrated on people
paying to access info that is already available.   I did (as BAJR) have a
small ...er...  discussion with them...  pointing out there already were
National Datasets

The Tithe Maps...    Scheduled to be completed in 2001.

Just ignore them...
Though I may put out some eyebrow raising questions about them on BAJR
again...

David Connolly
British Archaeological Jobs Resource
BAJR - www.bajr.org
Traprain House
Luggate Burn
Whittingehame
East Lothian
EH41 4QA

T: 01620 861643
M 0787 6528 498
E [log in to unmask]

Archaeology for All!

are addressed. Use outwith this may be unlawful.

This message is intended for the use of the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and destroy it. You may not use it or copy
it to anyone else.

E-mail is not a secure communications medium. Please be aware of this
when replying. All communications sent to or from the County Council
may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation.

Although East Sussex County Council has taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we can take no responsibility
if a virus is actually present and you are advised to ensure that the
appropriate checks are made.

You can visit our website at http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk