We charge commercial organisations (but at £10 per hour less than a remote search) as it takes up staff time and the income from commercial queries is the only funding our HER gets (bar staff salaries) and is used to pay for software licences each year.

Sam

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of HOWARD, Bruce
Sent: 25 January 2010 16:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HER Charges for Commercial Visits

Posted on behalf of Ben Wallace, Warwickshire County Council

Hello everyone,

Does anyone make any charges for allowing commercial organisations to come into the HER office for an HER search?
If so what are the charges and conditions.

I know that we have had some discussion about HER charges not so long ago and I appreciate it is a recurring theme but we currently only charge for searches for commercial organisations when they don't come in, based on use of staff time. We are, however, thinking about starting to charge for visits by commercial organisations because they are also using quite a bit of staff time.

It would be interesting to see what the general HER community does!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Ben Wallace
(Historic Environment Record Manager)
 BA (EU) Hons, MA, AIfA

Archaeology Information and Advice
Warwickshire Museum,
Libraries, Learning and Culture,
Adult, Health & Community Services

Warwickshire County Council

Phone: 01926 412734    Fax: 01926 412974

Address: Museum Field Services, The Butts, Warwick CV34 4SS

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/her

http://timetrail.warwickshire.gov.uk

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Concerned about how climate change may affect older properties? What about saving energy?
Visit our new website www.climatechangeandyourhome.org.uk today.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands,
Shefford, Bedfordshire SG17 5TQ
Customer Services 0300 3008000
www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk

Improving the quality of life for all

This email is confidential and intended exclusively for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Central Bedfordshire Council. If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this e-mail or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and then delete the message and any attachments from your system.

This message has been checked before being sent for all known viruses by our antivirus software. However please note that no responsibility for viruses or malicious content is taken and it is your responsibility to scan this message and any attachments to your satisfaction.

Central Bedfordshire Council reserve the right to monitor e-mails in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you