Agreed!  I think I said the same thing when I responded to the peer review consultation.   Slightly bypassing the purist view of an event and taking a practical view, AP assessment/interpretation is absolutely the sort of thing its essential for HERs to be able to map and index as an event, i.e. the presence/absence of a particular investigative approach on a piece of land.

Best regards
Sarah

________________________________
From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cattermole, Alice
Sent: 18 January 2010 12:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Event Types Thesaurus - now available

Dear Paul,

Thanks for this - it looks really useful. One thing that seems to be missing from the list (and which we use quite a lot in Norfolk as we have an NMP project underway) is aerial photo interpretation (as opposed to the actual process of aerial reconnaissance and photography). I would have expected to find it listed under Heritage Assessment - sorry if I have missed this and it's somewhere else in the thesaurus.

Many thanks,

Alice
---
Alice Cattermole