Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite you to contribute to session V02: "Minerals and Mountains: Linking Petrology, Geochemistry, and Geochronology in Research on Tectonic Evolution of Orogenic Belts in the Western Pacific" at the 2010 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting, Taipei, Taiwan, June 22–25, 2010.

This session is devoted to further understanding the nature and evolution of ancient or active orogenic belts in the Western Pacific region. We invite contributions related to the mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, and geochronology of metamorphic/igneous rocks or processes in these orogenic belts. The session aims at exchanging ideas among geoscientists applying different approaches on problems of variant scale from mineral grains to mountain ranges. New work with novel or interdisciplinary techniques are especially welcome.

The deadline for abstract submission is February 25th, 2010. More info can be found via the conference web: www.agu.org/meetings/wp10/

We look forward to seeing you all in Taipei.

Conveners:
Chin-Ho Tsai (National Dong Hwa Univ., Hualien, Taiwan)
Tatsuki Tsujimori (Okayama Univ., Misasa, Japan)
Chris Mattinson (Central Washington Univ., Ellensburg, USA)

Chin-Ho Tsai
Petrology and GeoMicroanalysis Lab
College of Environmental Studies
National Dong Hwa University -Meilun Campus
123 Hua-hsi Rd., Hualien 970, Taiwan
+886-3-8227106 ext 2172
Email: [log in to unmask]