From: Tectonics & structural geology discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Halvor Bunkholt
Sent: 18 January 2010 09:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sandbox experiment movies

Dear all,

I am giving a lecture in "Geology for non-geologists," and for that I would have liked to include some sandbox experiment videos of fault growth and fault development. These videos are very good to illustrate the nature of faults and their development and features for non-geologists.

I have searched the web, but found only two videos in low quality. I therefore ask if anyone in this community have any such video clips from their own research that they which to share for the purpose outlined above?
The video clips will be used and administrated by me only, and not distributed further. Appropriate reference and acknowledgement will of course be highlighted.

Further, if someone also has any movies illustrating sediment deposition and / or oil migration and accumulation, they too would be most appreciated!

Please reply to me directly.

Best regards
Halvor Bunkholt
Researcher, Geological Survey of Norway