Hi All,

Please excuse the cross posting.    We’re just putting together a series of practical social media courses.  These courses are run in small groups (8-12) and are all hands- on with access to PCs and all the kit.

Social Media Basics  Friday 5th February

This one-day practical workshop will explore the opportunities that social media/Web 2.0 offers your organisation or institution.  The day will focus on free or inexpensive applications and provide easy ways for you to use new media.  The course will help you understand the jargon and will offer practical guidance on areas including blogging, social networks, podcasting, wikis and social bookmarks.  The day offers the opportunity for hands on learning: finding blogs and setting up your own; the differences between Facebook groups and fan pages; creating your own social network. Cost from £195

An Introduction to Digital Storytelling (Audio Slideshows)   The BBC, Guardian Unlimited, Christian Aid and others  are just some of the organisations who truly understand the power and cost effectiveness of digital storytelling through audio slideshows. In one day sounddelivery will show you how to combine photographs and sound to tell compelling stories.  This practical workshop will equip you with the skills to create powerful audio slideshows for use on the web, in presentations and in many other ways.  Cost from £195

“Thanks for a really inspiring course”   Bryony Robins, e-learning manager, Renaissance East Midlands

Powerful Podcasting:   Tuesday 16th February

Powerful Podcasting is a hands-on workshop to equip you to work as audio producers. You will be taught the skills you need to capture stories, case studies and other relevant audio material that can be used within your work.  You will also gain practical experience of simple editing, creating MP3 files, uploading audio to a website and setting up a regular podcast.

By the end of the day you should be confident in your use of audio equipment and will have the skills to start producing your own content.  Costs: From £195

It was one of the most effective training sessions I've ever attended. I came away not just feeling inspired to make a podcast but knowing that now I could.”

Janet Nixon Learning Officer (Archives) Surrey Heritage

Video for the Web: Thursday 18th Feb

Our one-day video workshop guides you through all the stages of video production for the web, with a focus on telling the story, hands-on production and camera techniques, editing a short package and cross promoting across the web  Cost: From £250

We did some filming here yesterday and included some cutaways to edit into the interview, which we haven’t done before! I don’t think I’ve ever used something I learnt in a training course so quickly”    Anne Smart Media and campaigns co-ordinator, Institution of Occupational Safety and Health

Who should attend?

Staff involved in:    • audience development • social inclusion • interpretation and presentation • schools and education • communication, fundraising and marketing

• community outreach • online and information services

All training courses take place at  Happy Computers, Cityside House, 40 Adler Street, London, E1 1EE

For more information or to book a place email [log in to unmask] 020 8888 2951