Hi fsl experts,

I'm currently testing fsl melodic in resting state analysis and find it to work excellent. In the sample data that I analyzed the component that
most looked liked the default mode network had 7.16 % of explained variance and 1.21 % of total variance.
When I'm right this means that in total there is about 17% of variance explained with all the 14 components I have.
Is 17% explained total variance rather small - so it seems to me. Are there any recommendations of how much variance the components should explain?

Thanks, Michael