Hi,
1st, thanks so much for helping me out.
So, the corr_data file seems to be fine to me, please see the attached output for fslsplit corr_data.nii.gz.  I even see all the 33 volumes in fslview of the corr_data.nii.gz.  I got this to work out so far.
But when I run DTIFIT program and get the FA, MD, files, then I see nothing.  The intensity is zero. see the attached files.  when I run the command fslstats dti_FA.nii.gz -R, I get min/max intensities of 0.000000   0.000000

again, thanks for your time.
aj