Hi Mathew,

I was able to bring up FSL by typing in the command fsl but after that, GUI stopped working .
When I click any GUI I see the following error, I searched for this error on the forums but couldnt find anything related to Centos 5 32 bit which is what I have. Most of the search results were for Mac which suggested to install X11.

Error in startup script: missing close-bracket
    while executing
"set auto_index(glm) [list source [file j"
    ("eval" body line 192)
    invoked from within
"eval [read $f]"
    (procedure "auto_load_index" line 24)
    invoked from within
"auto_load_index"
    (procedure "auto_load" line 30)
    invoked from within
"auto_load $name [uplevel 1 {::namespace current}]"
    (autoloading "optionMenu2")
    invoked from within
"optionMenu2 $w.f.variations.menu bet($w,variations) -command "bet:updatevariations $w" -default "Run standard brain extraction using bet2" -R "Robust ..."
    (procedure "bet" line 47)
    invoked from within
"bet .rename"
    (file "/usr/local/fsl/tcl/bet.tcl" line 311)
    invoked from within
"source ${FSLDIR}/tcl/${origname}.tcl"
    (file "/usr/local/fsl/bin/Bet" line 22)

thanks a lot for the help