Hi gui

1)   It could be a good idea, it could improve your detection of correlation a little, although it wouldn't be guaranteed.  I'm not familar with these sort of studies: might it be a bit difficult to interpret correlations?

2)  Two successive gaussian smooths of n & m mm FWHM are equivalent to a single gaussian filter of sqrt(n^2+m^2).  However, applying the second filter after Feat's modelling is not the same as doing the full filtering in the preprocessing stage.

Cheers,

Eugene

--

Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)
University of Oxford

Ph: +44 (0) 1865 222 523  Fax: +44 (0) 1865 222 717