Hi,

I'm not what you mean by "pixmax".  Do you mean the maximum intensity
stored in the image, as returned by fslstats with -R ?
If so, then this is really confusing.

However, if you are talking about "calmax", which is stored in some
images to indicate the preferred display range, then this is not
unexpected and relates to what is stored in the reference image, as
this is just copied over.

I would be amazed if you have an image that stores intensities less
than 400 which then ends up with intensities up to 65535.

Can you check the intensities with FSLView and let us know what is
happening there?  It is also possible that a scaling factor is stored in
the image which is being applied to the intensities, which non-FSL
software might not be using correctly (the scaling factor is part of the
NIfTI standard, but nothing is really "standard" in Analyze I'm afraid).

If you can let me know the answer to the queries above then
hopefully we can help.

All the best,
	Mark