Hi Sophie

We keep trying to look at new ways of dealing with the cost of sending certs out, and like you have toyed with idea of holding them and waiting for students to collect.  But the time and space required to administer this process is unworkable. We have had agreement from SMT to continue to dispatch them like we do now.

Onlines- we charge for all resits; exam fee plus an admin fee.  We ask the candidate to complete a form detailing the exam, once they have paid we then put them in for the exam in a pre-arranged slot. The fee is taken at reception and logged against their enrolment as a fee for the course- we are then able to check (if necessary) that payment has been made.   If students fail to attend the first exam (non-resit) they get charged for the resit unless they can provide medical evidence.  Department/faculty head decided to limit number of attempts at each exam to 3.

We wish we had a dedicated room! We used to have access to a computer room whenever we needed it, but we are now down to approximately 8 hours of access time each week which is causing us problems.

Kind regards

Claire Todd
Examinations Team Leader
Moulsham Street, CM2 OJQ