Many thanks.  We will have to wait for the updated Cochrane Review to see if the conclusion is affected by the new RCT.

This is the third example with corticosteroids (head trauma, sepsis and meningitis).  I wonder whether instability of evidence is not due to lack of funding for larger trials (since corticosteroids are generic).  New medications appear to achieve faster homogeneity of information (real or apparent?).  Paradoxically older drugs may leave us with less clear evidence in some important areas where public funding is not sufficient.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Mayer

Mayer Brezis, MD MPH
Professor of Medicine
Director, Center for Clinical Quality & Safety
Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center
Jerusalem, Israel

Office phone 02-6777110

Cellular 050-787-4596

Fax 02-643-9730