                Body Weather Workshop and Performance Event London

13-14 February 2010

with

Frank van de Ven (BW Amsterdam)

Touch and Manipulations to Performance and Dance.

Body Weather is a comprehensive training and performance practice that investigates the intersections of bodies and their environments.  Bodies are not conceived as fixed and separate entities but are - just like the weather - constantly changing through an infinite and complex system of processes occurring in- and outside of these bodies. This sharp focus on the constant state of flux aims for a certain transparency of the body in movement that can take various forms.

Touch has always been a key element in the survey of the moving and dancing body and this 2 day workshop develops van de Vens approach to touch and performance. We will explore touch and the possible ways it can lead to performance. The workshop will build on workshop 1 or can be experienced as a one off workshop.

As a training, Body Weather may appeal particularly to practitioners researching Japanese performance/ performance methods in landscapes/ environments and who like to explore physical/ somatic and visual approaches to devising/exploring the body and physical presence. This workshop is suited to dance, theatre and movement practitioners of various backgrounds.

The term & philosophical basis for Body Weather was founded in the early 1980's by Butoh dancer Min Tanaka and further developed by Laboratories worldwide. Frank van de Ven was a member of Tanaka’s Maijuku Performance Company in Japan, from 1983-1991. With Katerina Bakatsaki he leads Body Weather Amsterdam, a platform for training and performance. For more info on Body Weather Adam see www.bodyweatheramsterdam.blogspot.com

Studio : Eastbourne House Arts LBAC - Bethnal Green

Dates : Sat 13 & Sun 14  February 2010.

times : 10am - 4pm Workshop fee :   £90 - £75 concession

Sunday 14th 7pm: performances by Neil Callaghan - Simone Kenyon - Frank van de Ven. Admission £7

For further details please contact Monique: [log in to unmask] tel: +44 (0)7837819789

Monique Hunt

Lecturer

Rose Bruford College

Lamorbey Park Campus, Burnt Oak Lane, Sidcup, Kent. DA15 9DF. UK.

t +44(0)20 8308 2600   f +44(0)20 8308 0542   ddi +44(0)20 8308 2657

______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________