Unfinished Histories: Recording the History of the Alternative Theatre Movement is continuing to develop, with further interviews and plans to launch our major web site later in the year.

As part of that development we are keen to discover more about who is teaching alternative theatre in British - and international - universities.
Our concentration is on the period, roughly 1968-1988 though the earlier 1960s are also of interest and we are looking at companies, venues, support organisations, key individuals, events, shows and debates across the alternative theatre movement  along with working processes onstage and off, audiences, funding etc, documenting the work of this period and mapping archival resources. Alternative theatre as a category is partly self-defined by those who submitted entries for the various Alternative Theatre Directories but would include political theatre, black and Asian theatre, women's / feminist theatre, experimental, physical and visual, community theatre, Disabled work, TIE/ YPT, new writing companies, street theatre and the work of many performance artists.

So...
if you teach courses or modules addressing any of those areas of work, roughly in that time-frame,  in terms of theory, history, practices, documentation strategies, if you are a practitioner whose approach is strongly informed by that period, we'd be very please to hear from you.

Please email off-list: [log in to unmask]
Unfinished Histories look forward to hearing from you.

Dr Susan Croft
...She Also Wrote Plays / Unfinished Histories
www.susan.croft.btinternet.co.uk
www.unfinishedhistories.com

______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________