Apologies for cross-postings.

Arc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apologies for cross-postings.

Architectonics of Performance 4.

The Centre for Research into Expanded Dramaturgies at the University of Winchester will be holding its fourth event in the series 'Architectonics of Performance'.

Professor Jane Rendell: Site-Writing: Art, Architecture and Criticism

'Site-writing' was first initiated as a pedagogic tool through site-specific writing courses at the Bartlett from 2001, and then as a mode of spatializing writing in texts and projects published from 1998 onwards, and now brought together in a forthcoming book: Site-Writing: The Architecture of Art Criticism (London: IB Tauris, 2010). In this lecture, Professor Rendell will be discussing this book, with some background, emphasizing the relationship between spatiality, subjectivity and textuality in writing practices, and describing a project within it.

The project is supported by the University of Winchester.

Biography:

Professor Jane Rendell BA (Hons), Dip Arch, MSc, PhD is Director of Architectural Research at the Bartlett, UCL. An architectural designer and historian, art critic and writer, she is author of Site-Writing (forthcoming 20010), Art and Architecture (2006), The Pursuit of Pleasure (2002) and co-editor of Critical Architecture (2007) Spatial Imagination (2005), The Unknown City (2001), Intersections (2000), Gender Space Architecture (1999) and Strangely Familiar (1995).

She is on the Editorial Board for ARQ (Architectural Research Quarterly) and the Journal of Visual Culture in Britain. She has been a member of the AHRC Peer Review College (2004-8) and chair of the RIBA President's Awards for Research (2005-7). In 2006 she was a research fellow at CRASSH (Centre for Research in Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities) at the University of Cambridge and received an honorary degree from the University College of the Creative Arts. She has been a recipient of AHRC funding in 2005 for the collaborative project Spatial Imagination, and in 2008 for research leave to complete her Site-Writing book.

Place: St. Edburga 201, University of Winchester.

Time/date: Thurs January 28th at 4.30 pm. Non-University guests will be met at Reception, King Alfred Campus, at 4.20 pm and escorted to the room.

Parking and Travel: The University is a 10 minute walk from Winchester rail station. Winchester is about a 60 minute train ride from Waterloo with two to four trains per hour. There are also easy connections by road and rail to Southampton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Oxford and Birmingham. Parking is free of permit and free of cost in the University lots after 4 pm. Directions and maps are at: http://www.winchester.ac.uk/?Page=3023 <https://akira.winchester.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.winchester.ac.uk/?Page=3023>

RSVP: Please contact Synne Behrndt ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> ) if you would like to attend. The event is, of course, free, but we'd like to be prepared for numbers.

For more information on CRED, see www.expandeddramaturgies.com <http://www.expandeddramaturgies.com/>

Dr Cathy Turner,
Reader in Performing Arts,
Convenor, Centre for Research into Expanded Dramaturgies
Faculty of Arts,
University of Winchester,
Winchester,
Hampshire,
SO22 4NR.

expandeddramaturgies.com <http://www.expandeddramaturgies.com/>
www.mis-guide.com <http://www.mis-guide.com/>

Tel: 01962 827385
University of Winchester, a private charitable company limited by guarantee in England and Wales number 5969256.
Registered Office: Sparkford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO22 4NR

To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list