Apologies for cross posting

Master of Arts in CONTEMPORARY PERFORMANCE MAKING

This innovative MA, which draws upon both facilities and expertise at Brunel and the vast resources of London, will provide you with the space to nurture your creativity through the practical and critical exploration of contemporary performance including live art, digital art, writing and directing for performance. This course is approximately 70% practice and 30% theory, and an ideal programme for practicing artists developing their own work. Graduating students have gone on to show their work nationally and internationally, work with key UK and international companies and secure funding and support for their work. Full-time students can complete the course over one full year, or it may be taken part-time to develop a practice over two years (please see entry requirements for UK/EU and overseas students).

The MA is led by Fiona Templeton and Helen Paris, both international practitioners in live art and  contemporary performance. An exciting new practice based Digital module is taught by Johannes Birringer, with other courses by Gretchen Schiller, Steve Dixon, Sue Broadhurst and Stelarc. Guest artists give  masterclasses and one to one feedback to students and have included: Peggy Shaw, Stacy Makishi, Marisa Carnesky, Kira O’Reilly, Station House Opera, Anne Bean, Desperate Optimists and Clod Ensemble to name just a few.

This course is for:

- emerging artists who want to develop a sense of their practice, create original work and learn about contemporary performance.

- artists who already have a developed practice but who want to have a dedicated period of time and tuition to refine and refocus their work and make fresh connections and create innovative work.

- international students of performance who wish to have an intense year-long period of study in London, learning about live and digital performance and taking the opportunity to see a wide range of contemporary practice in the UK.

- all graduates interested in live art, creativity, digital performance, writing for performance and directing, who are specifically looking for a very practice based MA and who are interested in pursuing a career as practicing artists, writers, directors, curators, teachers arts administrators and producers.

As part of the course students have work placements and to date MA students have taken placements in London, Europe, the US, Canada, Romania and France. Our Centre for Contemporary and Digital Performance and the newly refurbished Antonin Artaud Building offer exciting facilities for performance and digital art. Our School encourages interdisciplinary research, and the possibility of creating

cross-over projects with Music, Screen/Media & Journalism or Literature is available.

We are delighted to be able to offer two £1,500 postgraduate

scholarships for applicants to our MA in Contemporary

Performance Making, available for the 2010 academic year.

Contact: [log in to unmask]

Brunel's School of Arts on-line Journal:
**Body, Space & Technology**
<http://www.brunel.ac.uk/bst/>

Prof Sue Broadhurst,
School of Arts,