The SCUDD Conference this year will be hosted by the University of Lincoln - 26-27 March
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw to your attention the fact that two Lectureships in Theatre
at Sheffield University are advertised in today's THES, and on-line at
jobs.ac.uk
You can also access details (and apply) via the University website. These are
permament posts, linked to the expansion of Theatre within the School of
English, and available from September. The closing date for applications is
18th February. I will paste in brief details below.

Best wishes to all,
Steve Nicholson

Dr Steve Nicholson (Director of Theatre, School of English, University of
Sheffield)
Telephone: 01142228491  e mail: [log in to unmask]

Job Reference Number: UOS00066
Salary: Grade 8 - £36,715 to £43,840 per annum, with potential to progress to
£49,342
Closing Date: 18th February 2010

Summary:The postholders will contribute to seminar and practice-based teaching
on postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes in theatre and performance.
The successful candidates will have a PhD or equivalent experience, and will
enjoy opportunities to expand programmes and develop new areas of teaching
within the School of English. In addition to teaching studio-based work, you
will be expected to take weekly seminars on more broadly based theatre modules,
and to deliver lectures. All staff are expected to assist as required with the
administration of the School as a whole, to foster research and teaching at all
levels of the curriculum, develop research projects and related ventures, and
to help recruit high calibre MA and research students. The postholders will
take on effective research supervision, and contribute to the strong academic
profile of the School, through written publications and/or through
practice-based research. Applications are welcome from any field of theatre
history and performance practice. It may be an advantage to be able to
contribute to the Literature teaching in the School more broadly. The posts are
available from September 2010

To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list