From: Rachael De Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Happy New Year - notices from CHRE
Date: Monday, 4 January, 2010, 11:52

Dear colleague

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season and would like to take the opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year from all at CHRE.   We will be sending you a copy of our next CHRE-news on 1 February. Between Christmas and New Year, my colleagues and I at CHRE have been working on two projects:

-          a ‘Regulation jigsaw’, where we aim to explain who does what across the health sector and how this all comes together.  We have taken on board your feedback that this complex matrix does need to be explained better

-          a ‘Complaints roadmap’, which is in association with the regulation jigsaw.  In this piece of work, we have followed some ‘journeys’ of patients in order to map out how to progress complaints through the system

We will be launching both pieces of work at our March meetings.  If you attend a meeting, you will get the opportunity to receive this booklet and the roadmap chart.

Before Christmas I sent you an email telling you that we are planning meetings with patients and the public on:

1 March – London

4 March – Belfast

9 March – Cardiff

12 March – Liverpool

15 March – Edinburgh

17 March – London

Whilst the general programme for these events is similar, different representatives from the regulatory bodies will be attending each event and making different presentations.  We have also invited members of the Public Stakeholder Network to chair our panel discussion at each meeting, so this will be interesting. Therefore, no single event is exactly the same as the other.  We expect that the added advantage to you of attending these events will be to meet other patients and the public, some of whom are individuals and others represent patient and public organisations.

We have planned the six meetings across the UK in the hope that all members of our Public Stakeholder Network will have the chance to attend one meeting.  Today we are sending you a reminder so that you can book a place as soon as possible for your chosen event.  After today we intend to advertise the events more widely.

If you wish to see programmes of these events, please visit our website   https://www.chre.org.uk/public/199  We encourage you to book a place as soon as possible, as places will be limited.

You can also call our reception on 020 7389 8030 or email us at [log in to unmask]

In either case, please state your full name, the event you wish to book for, and any special requirement.

The meetings are free of charge.  We also have a travel expenses policy for attendance of our meetings with patients and the public.  You can access this policy at https://www.chre.org.uk/satellite/160/ and we will supply claim forms on the day.

Best wishes

Rachael de Souza

Public Affairs Manager

Council for Healthcare Regulatory Excellence

11 Strand

London WC2N 5HR

020 7389 8031

www.chre.org.uk