Greenwich Campus

LECTURER IN CRIMINOLOGY - (REF: 01448)

Following the significant growth of its undergraduate and postgraduate
programmes in Criminology, Criminal Justice & Legal Studies and
Criminology and Criminal Psychology, we are seeking to appoint an
experienced Criminology Lecturer.

As an interdisciplinary Department of Law and Criminology, we are
open to applications from candidates drawn from a criminology based
socio-legal background. You will contribute to the development of
teaching, learning and research in Criminology, as well as be expected
to contribute to curriculum development within the Department.

You will be expected to undertake research, enterprise, and related
scholarly activities and will also be willing to engage in Departmental
responsibilities as required by the Head of Department.  An ability to
work as part of a team is essential so enthusiasm and flexibility are
therefore essential qualities. An interest in contributing to the
employability work of the Department is desirable.  You will be
expected to have a first degree and a PhD or equivalent qualification
in criminology.  We would particularly welcome applications from
candidates with at least three years teaching experience and a
recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE.

Salary: £32,963 - £37,694 inclusive of London Weighting.

We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome
applications from all sections of the community.

To obtain further particulars and an application form visit our website
www.gre.ac.uk<http://www.gre.ac.uk/>, email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or write to the Personnel
Office, University of Greenwich, Avery Hill Road, London, SE9 2UG
quoting the job reference 01448.  Applications should be returned by
5:00pm on 1 February 2010.