Maybe I will get away with this one, as English is not my first language.....

I think translating interfaces/programs is a gimmick: at the end of
the day, scientists (people!) need to be able to talk to each other,
so need a common language. This happens to be English (at the moment).
So we better all practice it as much as possible.

(don't let this be the start of a long discussion, it's just a thought....)

Johan