Marko Hyvonen wrote:
> Hello cooters.
>
> I am  trying to compare multiple structures of similar proteins,
> in different crystal forms, and to transform the maps in a script using
> "transform-map-using-lsq-matrix" command. But I am stuck with few
> problems.
>
> This part of the script is essentially as follows:
>
> (no-coot-tips)
> (set-run-state-file-status 0)
> (read-pdb "new.pdb")
> (read-pdb "reference.pdb" )
> (auto-read-make-and-draw-maps "test.mtz")
> (transform-map-using-lsq-matrix 1 "A" 1 200 0 "A" 1 200 2 (molecule-centre 1) 10)
>
> All seems to go fine, except that the map matches correctly only part of
> the transformed molecule, and it looks like when the map is extended by
> symmetry, things fail

Yes, the transformed map only makes sense 10A around the centre of
molecule 1.

> . See http://www-cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk/node/199

I am not authorized.

> I am sure there is trivial solution to this, but I can't think of it now.

Use a bigger radius?  Dynamically set the position to which you
transform maps?

> Also, I can't seem to find the command how to read a (ccp4) map into coot
> using a script.

http://www.biop.ox.ac.uk/coot/doc/coot.html#Read-Maps

(handle-read-ccp4-map "my.map" 0)

> All I can see is how to read it from the menu, but not the
> scripting command.  Ideally I'd read in just a small map carved around the
> area of interest (and then saved).

To carve out a bit of map,

put a water (say) in a new molecule at the centre of the region (make a
note of its molecule-number)

(mask-map-by-molecule map-number water-molecule-number 1)

for some value of map-number and water-molecule-number.

Paul.