Having worked with O for many years I am only now getting serious with
COOT. There are a couple of things that I would like to do that don't
seem to be available (as far as I can tell), but which may well be
possible using Macros.

Unfortunately  a quick Google has not revealed anything about how to
use macros in COOT, but a colleague suggested they need to be written
in Python or another language that I had not heard of before.

So my first question is where can I find a low level description of
how to write macros with some examples (I know nothing about Python,
except that it is fashionable) ?

There are specifically two things I want to be able to do:

1. Do an LSQ superposition using specified residues in multiple chains
(superposing one oligomer on another).

2. To do a LSQ superposition of a homologous structure onto my working
structure using +/- N residues about the current position, where N is
a variable (not essential, could be fixed) and the current position is
the last residue that I clicked on.

Thanks

Andrew