Apologies for any Cross-posting.

Update on Call notified previously . . . Abstracts Deadline Extended to 29th Jan. 2010

On-line booking and further information about the Conference is now available at:  http://www.anglia.ac.uk/ruskin/en/home/faculties/fst/departments/builtenv/planning_skills_short/planning_research.html

Diversity & Convergence: Planning in a World of Change

The UK-Ireland Planning Research Conference 2010

Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, Essex

7-9 April 2010

In April 2010, the annual UK-Ireland Planning Research Conference will be hosted by the Department of the Built Environment at Anglia Ruskin University. An interdisciplinary mix of researchers, policymakers and practitioners will present and debate current issues in research concerned with the challenging and changing context of planning.

The conference will take place over three days, from lunchtime on Wednesday 7th April to the afternoon of Friday 9th. It will include eight thematic paper tracks, together with plenary sessions featuring keynote speakers, poster sessions, Conference Dinner, and local study tours. The themed sessions are:

  • Cities & International Development
  • Governance, Policy & Planning
  • Equality, Inclusion & Environmental Justice
  • Urban & Rural Regeneration
  • Urban Design, Heritage & Conservation
  • Climate change, Sustainability & Ecology
  • Mobility, Transport & Accessibility
  • Planning Education, Professional Development & Practice

We welcome abstracts addressing the main Conference theme through the track sessions. Please submit an abstract of 300 words maximum, suggesting which track you think your paper would fit into, to the Conference Administrator, Sarah Lord, [log in to unmask]

Further  details available on the Conference website http://www.anglia.ac.uk/ruskin/en/home/faculties/fst/departments/builtenv/planning_skills_short/planning_research.html

We look forward to welcoming you to Anglia Ruskin University

Dr. Dellé Odeleye

Senior Lecturer, Sustainable Urban Design
Department of the Built Environment
Faculty of Science & Technology
Anglia Ruskin University

Address: Faculty Building, Rivermead Campus,
Bishops Hall LaneChelmsford CM1 1SQ
Tel: +44 (0)1245 493131  extn. 3952
Direct line: +44 (0)845 196 3952

Website: http://www.anglia.ac.uk

Our Earth does not need 'saving' - she can and will, continue without us - in caring for our environment, we are saving Ourselves!
Interested in progressive planning? - See planners network at: http://www.pnuk.org.uk/

EMERGING EXCELLENCE: In the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008, more than 30% of our submissions were rated as 'Internationally Excellent' or 'World-leading'.
Among the academic disciplines now rated 'World-leading' are Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology; and Social Work & Social Policy & Administration.
Visit www.anglia.ac.uk/rae for more information.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may not be a 100% secure communications

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service