Dear Friends,
                        I have a question about judging a homology model. I have three
homologous proteins A, B and C of which only A has 3D crystal structure
available. Their similarities/identities are given below.
Pair-wise alignment      similarity/identity (%)
A and B                                   63/49
A and C                                   54/39
B and C                                   60/46
Assuming all the above data are right, which of the
following way would give the best model for C?
1.   Building homology model of C with A as template.
2.    Building homology model of B with A as template and then use B as
template to build C.
Suppose I used MODELLER for this work where an energy
minimization step is involved after threading the query sequence on the
template.
I need to know which model for C will be better and why?
Thanks for your answer…
Happy New Year to you all,
Raja