PhD student position in Structural Biology

We are currently looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. student for our laboratory at the Dept. of Biochemistry at University Bayreuth, Germany. Our work involves biochemical and structural studies on cellular signalling systems with relevance to aging mechanisms or disease. The PhD project will cover studies on cyclic nucleotide signalling mechanisms, one of the main fields of interest of the group (for related publications, see PNAS 105, 15720-5; JMB 362, 623-39; NSMB 12, 32-7).

Our newly established laboratory is located at the University of Bayreuth and equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. We can offer excellent research opportunities and a stimulating environment for research in structural biology.

The ideal candidate is a highly motivated student with strong interest in structural biology and prior experience in protein biochemistry. Additional experience in molecular biology and/or protein crystallization would be an asset.

Applications (including CV, research experience, and two names and contact information for references) should be sent to

Dr. Clemens Steegborn
Ruhr-Universität Bochum
MA 2/141
Universitätsstr. 150