There are two ways you can go about this (RT data collection). Either mount the crystals in capillaries (not all beam lines at synchrotrons have sufficient space on the goniometer setup to allow data collection on capillary-mounted crystals) or use a Humidifier (the latter is briefly discussed, for example, on web page http://www.esrf.eu/UsersAndScience/Experiments/MX/Cryobench/Instruments/microspec ).

If nothing is done, the crystals will rapidly dry up and "die".

Fred.

Message du 27/01/10 08:53
De : "Zhiyi Wei"
A : [log in to unmask]
Copie à :
Objet : Re: [ccp4bb] Crystal rescue

Thanks for so many quick responses!

Actually, I have test several different cryo-protectants, including
glycerol, EG, and PEG400. I did not see much differences between these
cryo conditions. So, I choose glycerol.

I would like to test my crystals in RT. But I don't know how to do
this. Just mount crystal to the X-ray machine without cryo stream? Or
I should use capillaries?

Zhiyi