A two-years postdoctoral position in protein crystallography is available in the group of Pr. Sylvie Nessler in Gif sur Yvette (near Paris) France. We are interested in understanding the molecular signalling mechanisms involved in bacterial virulence. Our main results concern structural analysis of bacterial P-loop containing protein kinases but we also develop new projects dealing with other potential therapeutic targets. We use protein crystallography, combined with biochemical and biophysical methods to obtain a molecular understanding of the function of these proteins. We are looking for a Postdoc with demonstrated experience (i.e. relevant publications) in protein X-ray crystallography to join our team and work on the “Phosphorylation and virulence” project (see, http://www.lebs.cnrs-gif.fr/morera/home.html). The selected candidate will have access to the LEBS technical plateform as well as to the French synchrotron facility SOLEIL located close to the laboratory. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications (including CV, research experience and the names and contact informations of at least two referees) should be sent per email to [log in to unmask]

Dr. Sylvie Nessler
Professeur à l'Université Paris XI - Orsay
LEBS - CNRS UPR 3082 - FRC 3115
91 198 Gif sur Yvette, France

Tel: +33 1 69 82 34 59
Fax: +33 1 69 82 31 29