On nucleation I'm not sure if there is any effect - I suspect you've got
far more trouble from Brownian motion. For growth low frequency
vibration (picking up the tray and putting it down) has much more
influence than high-frequency (e.g. fans or motors). The liquid acts to
damp most of the high-frequency effects. I would not worry about the
effect of the fire alarm, just the process of putting it in!

Cheers,

Eddie

Edward Snell Ph.D.
Assistant Prof. Department of Structural Biology, SUNY Buffalo,
Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute
700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203-1102
Phone:     (716) 898 8631         Fax: (716) 898 8660

Skype:      eddie.snell                 Email: [log in to unmask]

Telepathy: 42.2 GHz

Heisenberg was probably here!