> Dear CCP4ers,
>
> I want to calculate projections of an electron density map covering a
> molecule along arbitrary directions. Please note: I don't want to
> calculate the usual centric zone projections by using (h0l) zones and
> alike, but really work on the map. Which program can I use for that?

Use one of the 3D EM software packages such as EMAN or Spider (both read in CCP4 maps, and EMAN even maintains pixel size and other parameters)

EMAN:
http://blake.bcm.tmc.edu/eman/eman1/progs/project3d.html

Spider:
http://www.wadsworth.org/spider_doc/spider/docs/man/pj3q.html

Best,

Petr

Petr Leiman
Head of the Laboratory of Structural Biology and Biophysics
Institut de physique des systèmes biologiques
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
Cubotron/BSP-415
CH-1015 Lausanne
Switzerland
Phone: +41 21 69 30441