Dear all,

We had a demo of the ViewSonic® FuHzion(tm) VX2265wm <http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/lcd/x-series/vx2265wm-fuhzion-lcd.htm>  and Nvidia 3D Vision system yesterday.
The stereo quality is equivalent/superior to our Stereographics/CRT setup. We have tested coot and pymol in the normal hardware stereo mode.  There are several advantages besides space requirements and availability: integrated recharchable battery and you can work with a second non stereo TFT to expand the desktop as the glasses do not influence other TFTs (unlike Stereographics).
On the ViewSonic TFT has a good image quality, however when looking at a plain coloured background a fine grid is visible. In my opinion it does not affect the normal crystallographic work and depending on you background settings you might not even notice it.
As far as I understood the key requirements for linux are a quadro graphics card with 3-pin stereo connector and the VESA 3-pin stereo cable that is described in the manual from the Nvidia website but not included in the package in all countries.
Best regards,
Alexander

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Cordialement

Dr. Alexander Schiffer

Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH
R&D CAS Structural Biology FFM
Industriepark Hoechst
Bldg. G877, Room 029
D-65926 Frankfurt am Main
t: +49 69 305 24896
f: +49 69 305 80169
w:www.sanofi-aventis.de

Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH ·  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main · Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, Abt. B Nr. 40661
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hanspeter Spek - Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Siewert (Vorsitzender), Ulf Bialojahn, Dr. Matthias Braun,
Peter Guenter, Prof. Dr. Dr. Werner Kramer, Dr. Klaus Menken, Dr. Heinz Riederer