Postdoc position at the University of Oregon, Institute of Molecular Biology

Eugene, OR

We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our lab full time on a flexible start date. Our interest is in understanding the molecular basis for the regulation of the cytoskeleton. We are currently focusing on proteins that control the assembly and disassembly of actin filaments. Using a combination of x-ray crystallography, biochemistry, biophysics, and cell biology, we seek to understand the structure-function relationships of these proteins and how their molecular mechanisms relate to their cellular activities.

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology or a related field, a published record of accomplishment, and good written and oral communication skills.

For more information, please see:

Nature, 460(7258), 1031-4., J. Mol. Bio.,376, 166-183, Mol. Cell, 11, 449-57

or

http://www.molbio.uoregon.edu/facres/nolen.html

To apply, please email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [log in to unmask]. Also arrange to have two or three letters of reference sent to the same email address.