Hi Ronnie,

the (a) Mammoth tool might also work (but I just tried 6 structures or so when I used it a couple years ago - not 20).

Jan

--- Ronnie Berntsson <[log in to unmask]> schrieb am Di, 12.1.2010:

Von: Ronnie Berntsson <[log in to unmask]>
Betreff: [ccp4bb] off topic: multiple structural sequence alignment
An: [log in to unmask]
Datum: Dienstag, 12. Januar 2010, 13:17

Dear all,

A bit off the topic question perhaps.
I am trying to find a program which can do multiple structural sequence alignments. What I would like is a program which can take as input PDB codes (or files), and which will output a multiple sequence alignment in FASTA format with the full sequences of the supplied proteins intact. Preferably said server/program should be able to handle at least 20 input pdbs at once.
I've been looking around, but have so far failed to find a program which does this. If anyone knows of a program or server which could handle this, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Ronnie Berntsson