Dear All,

we perform refolding of our protein by diluting it 1:10 fold, but we get a low yield in it. I have studied about pulsatile refolding in the book "Therapeutic proteins: methods and protocols''. Here it states use of peristatltic pump at flow rate of 0.5 ml / min to add solubilization buffer to refolding buffer and it takes 1 hr to dilute 10 ml sol buffer to 100 ml refolding buffer. but our buffer volumes are large about 1L sol buffer to 10 L refolding buffer. Can we increase the flow rate and what flow rate will be suitable. Also is there any simple spectroscopic method to determine if solubilization is completed or not. since sds page will take a lot of time.

thanks and regards.