Fengxia,

 From the images it is clear that the degree of smearing is variable. From
this you can
deduce that you should be able to get sharp images by finding better
cryo-conditions.

There is no magic involved. Your crystallization conditions have little
precipitant
and a lot of water. Hence your problem. Increasing just the PEG
concentration may
induce a cell shrinkage and worsen the problem. On the other hand
replacing some of the
high molecular weight PEG 4K with a mixture of PEG10K + PEG200 + ethylene
glycol (EG) might
work. The higher MW PEG10K would better stabilize the crystals and the
PEG200/EG should provide
good cryoprotection.

Enrico.

--
Enrico A. Stura D.Phil. (Oxon) ,    Tel: 33 (0)1 69 08 4302 Office
Room 19, Bat.152,                          Tel: 33 (0)1 69 08 9449  Lab