Look into AKRAprime. It's good for low pressure columns (Max 1MPa) and costs
~$14,000 with accessories. For the price of a FPLC, we have several
AKTAprime for running SEC columns. --Chun

  _____

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Sangeetha Vedula
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Biorad Profinia vs GE AKTAPrime Plus, for affinity
tagged proteins

Thanks for your response, Edward. Yes, that is what I thought. For the most
part, people plan to tag their proteins in my lab. I'll possibly be the only
one purifying non-tagged proteins in my lab. I love the AKTA. Another was
all praise of the Profinia. To my knowledge, tagged proteins don't always
get fully purified with just an affinity column. An additional size
exclusion step helps. That is, if the tag is even available at the surface
for binding the affinity column. My vote is AKTA. So, I wanted to find out
what the world thought about both.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Edward Collins