An anion exchange purification (e.g. Q-Sepharose) on a small (e.g. 1x5 mL) column with a 10 CV gradient of NaCl is a pretty good polishing step, and quick. Dilute your protein sample to <20 mM salt and apply to an anion exchange column at pH 8.0 or so, and elute with a 10 CV gradient of 0-0.5 M NaCl or so. That nearly always cleans up partially purified protein preps to crystallography-grade homogeneity. If for some reason you suspect your protein is basic (pI>8.0), try a cation exchanger (e.g. SP-Sepharose) at pH 6.0 or so along the same lines.

Cheers.