I have seen this when expressing sub-domains of a larger protein.
Adding some (about 0.5% w/v) BOG (beta octylglucoside) worked well for
cases similar to what you've described.

Cheers,
Quyen

Quyen Hoang, Ph.D
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
Stark Neurosciences Research Institute
Indiana University School of Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, Room MS0013D
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5122