I have argued that probably one could almost double the figure of 13 million, to include the numbers killed in the process of enslavement, in the march to the coast and while awaiting shipment. And that not only this depopulation but the warfare, the enslavement of one ethnic group by another caused horrific damage then  - and now….

Marika

From: The Black and Asian Studies Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of arthur torrington
Sent: 19 January 2010 22:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Slave Museum in Ghana

I am always annoyed when a figure (in this case 13 million) is given for the number of Africans enslaved and shipped to the West. Should we not estimate the number of those who died in enslavement (imprisonment) over 300 hundred years? Such a figure will better show the brutality of this crime against humanity.

arthur