At a conference I attended last year a recent short film by John Sealey was shown which might be of interest, reflecting on 'blackness in Europe' during World War 2. As far as I'm aware John is an amateur film-maker, but it's an interesting, powerful, and at times amusing reflection on these themes. Whilst mainly in foreign languages, the film is sub-titled. It can be found online at the following link:

http://www.vimeo.com/2714037
Dan