Dear all

We are about to launch on a large digitisation project and at the eleventh
hour an issue has come up over which format we should be using. The primary
purpose of the project is to provide long term backup copies, although
obviously once we have the images we can look at additional functionality.

My question, therefore, is whether TIFF is still the best format for long term
preservation (this is our current position), or whether JPEG2000 would be a
better option.

Any thoughts that people have on this today (this morning would be even
better), as my timeframe is quite tight, would be much appreciated!

thanks
Polly

Polly Parry
Museum Archivist & Records Manager