From: Admin-student [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Beryl Pluples
Sent: 27 January 2010 15:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Essay submission

Undergraduate students within the School of English, Sociology, Politics and Contemporary History at the University of Salford currently hand in
3 copies of their submission in years 2 and 3, and 2 copies in year l.
As you can imagine the School Office is inundated with essays which have to be receipted, checked against a submission due listing, separated so that module convenors receive two copies (one of which is returned to the student and the other kept for sending to the external examiner) and one copy is kept for audit purposes.  We currently feel that we are drowning in paperwork and need to look at the way we process student submissions and would welcome  any suggestions and processes which similar organisations could offer.