Dear colleagues,

Happy New Year from ECU.

A quick reminder that the closing date for applications for the role of Senior Policy Adviser (maternity cover) is Monday 11 January 2010 at 12 noon.

Further details are below and can be found on our website: http://www.ecu.ac.uk/about-us/working-for-us

ECU Logo

Equality Challenge Unit

Job vacancy: Senior Policy Adviser

Maternity cover 9 months (likely extension to up to 12 months)

commencing late March 2010

Fixed-term contract or potential secondment opportunity

Equality Challenge Unit supports the UK higher education sector to promote equality and diversity for all staff and students.

We wish to appoint a Senior Policy Adviser (maternity cover) to lead the Unit’s equality work on disability. We will consider filling this post on a secondment basis within the given pay scale.

With new anti-discrimination legislation currently being considered by parliament, and a range of practical and financial pressures facing the higher education sector, this is an exciting, yet challenging time to be working at ECU.

Responsibilities will include:

  • Undertaking projects and providing leadership in relation to disability
  • Presenting and facilitating workshops and representing ECU at external events
  • Researching and analysing information and drafting publications
  • Working closely and collaboratively with partners and other sector organisations, dealing with enquiries, and responding to equality related consultations
  • Managing the Policy Adviser for disability

Experience

We are looking for applicants with leadership skills, enthusiasm and sound judgement, with background expertise in equality and diversity, and specifically in disability.

Benefits

The salary scale for this role is £32,320 to £44,440 per annum.

Benefits include 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and six additional days, flexi-time and final salary pension scheme.

How to apply

ECU values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society.

Download the application form and further details from our website.

Contact us for a printed application form:
Email: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 020 7438 1010 (24-hour answerphone)

Closing date: Monday 11 January 2010 at 12 noon.
Interviews will provisionally be held in London on Monday 25 January 2010.

About Equality Challenge Unit

Equality Challenge Unit supports the higher education sector to realise the potential of all staff and students whatever their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, or age, to the benefit of those individuals, higher education institutions and society

T: +44 (0) 20 7438 1010  E: [log in to unmask]  W: www.ecu.ac.uk